Dr. Ridha Arem M.D.
World-renowned thyroid expert, Board certified in Endocrinology and Metabolism, for years Dr. Arem has followed a brilliant academic path as a teacher, researcher, and patient care provider. Dr. Arem has done extensive research on thyroid disorders and is a pioneer of proactive and futuristic views for how to diagnose and treat thyroid disorders.
Learn more about the Mind Body Program
Brief biographical sketch:
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, from 1983 â 1989
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, from 1989 â 2000
- Clinical Professor of Medicine since 2000
- Dr. Arem held the positions of Chief of Endocrinology at Ben Taub General Hospital, a major teaching hospital affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, from 1985 â 2001 and Medical Director of the Endocrine Laboratory at Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas from 1988 â 2001
- Dr. Arem chaired work and research as an active member of the International Consortium on the effects of radiation exposure related to the Chernobyl accident and its effects on the thyroid gland.
- In addition to teaching medical students and physiciansâin-training, Dr. Arem has lectured extensively locally, nationally, and internationally, on thyroid disorders
He has also given numerous educational conferences organized by patient education organizations; He is a member of the American Thyroid Association, The Endocrine Society, and The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
- Author of The Thyroid Solution: A Revolutionary Mind-Body Program for Treating Depression and Regaining Your Emotional and Physical Health.
- For the past few years, Dr. Arem has given numerous radio and TV shows and interviews locally in Houston and nationally educating people about thyroid disease and its effects on mood and emotion.
- Dr. Arem was the founder and editor in chief of Clinical Thyroidology from 1988 – 2000. Clinical Thyroidology is a periodical educational publication on thyroid disorders read by thousands of physicians world wide, and is an offical publication of the American Thyroid Association.